Subject: Zones....
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 12:51:19 +0100

Date sent:  

A question to anybody out there who uses the ZoneJoy library from Reflective
Images.

For the latest version of the libary I have had to do a little reshuffling of
how the zones were held in memory.  This was to enable to library too use the
020 instruction CMP2.  This reshuffling means that old programs that use the
library and access the zone table directly will no longer work.

I am interested in whether or not people will actually mind about this change,
or whether the benefits of 020 support outway the disadvantage of a bit of
rewriting.  What do you think?

New instructions in the library:

			ZonesMode - ask if zonetesting is on 68000 or 68020 mode.
			SetZonesMode - set the zonestesting mode.

  The library also checks what processor you have when it is initialised and
automatically sets the mode to 020 if you have one fitted.

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images|                                      |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/170HD/6MB/Blitz2             | Current project : BlitzBombers AGA   |
|                                    | [#################################:] |
|          >>> HANG-FIRE <<<         | Current Project : RI Libs v???       |
|                                    | [###########################:::::::] |
|                                    | Current Project : RI Map Editor v1.2 |
|  [email-masked]     | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/